- I really enjoyed designing and working with custom signage systems. I understand the complexiities and challenges of creating efficient, visually pleasing signage. Wayfinding is especially interesting, having been in a few airports over the years, you quickly gain a new appreciation for this type of design.I have experience working with model makers and fabricators, and understand shop drawings, cross section and elevation specs and basic architectural interior and exterior design. I have always had a passion for architecture, structural design and the effective use of design and layout in minimum or maximum space.It is unfortunate I did not compile more photos on the projects I have been involved with, but this area of the industry I have always had a keen interest in.
- SECOND AVENUE STUDIOS - FILM AND SOUND EDITING SUITESI liked this design so much I rendered it to see how it would look as actual mounted signage. Although it was not the chosen design or application by the client, I think it would have been a great choice. Once rendered I thought it might acutally look good produced out of some kind of metal, sprayed in a flat black, low lustre finish and floated off the wall allowing for some dramatic shadow effects when lit from an above angle.Another option would be laser cut MDF, which holds paint very nicely. Whatever the substrate or application, I think the design stands well on its own with plenty of style and impact.
- SAPUTO / DAIRYLANDPreliminary drawings and presentation for signage makeovers and additions to the existing office and plant facility. Project included wayfinding, exterior building and plant signage and lobby signage.
- THE VANCOUVER FOUNDATIONLobby signage for the Vancouver Foundation, incorporated wall mounted, recessed opening main panel with layerd glass and digital printed imagery. Donor walls incorporated large digital output panels with a continuous background theme, overlayed wtih beveled glass panels and raised logo insignias.2010 WINTER OLYMPICSVinyl output panels for the 2010 Winter Olympics project bidding.
- EAST HILL TOWN HOME COMPLEXCreation of identity logo design, street and house numbers, vehicle way finding, parking and warning signage.
- CHILDREN'S HOSPITALThese are just a few of the many signage panels I designed for special events for Children's Hospital.I like to work with these types of organizations whenever possible.
- RICHMOND HOSPITALCustom designed, donor recognition signage system. Produced in MDF, sprayed and fitted with custom bevelled glass panels and curved header panels. Upgradeable, colour, large format digital prints
- WESTCOAST EXPRESS COMMUTER TRAINPlatform signage and window/shelter posters to promote the "Snoozer Cruiser", a cabin especially for those passengers that wished to catch up on a little extra sleep, while enroute to work. This cabin promoted "quiet", no cell phones or loud conversations allowed!
- INSTANT EYEWEAR - CUSTOM EYEWEAR DISPENSING KIOSKA vending machine concept that dispenses eyewear and various, preloaded prescriptions in custom frames.
The consumer would be people who forgot they eyeglasses while enroute to another destination. Using the touchscreen, the consumer would select their approximate prescription and frame style, payment made with a credit card. These products would be similar to those types of "reader" glasses found in most drug stores.The machines were test marketed in airports across Canada.
Artwork was designed and output in vinyl graphic panels and wrapped/applied to vending machine.
- DE BEERS DIAMONDS - Mining and explorationPop-up trade show booth incorporating velcro panels with photography and descriptive copy.The client needed something fast and wanted something clear, clean and simple.
- RADIO STATIONS - PromotionsMy first full time designer job was working in-house for a local AM/FM radio station, providing graphic and various materials to the marketing, promotions and sales teams. Banners, vehicle graphics, billboards, busboards, T-shirts, event/concert signage and promotions etc. When I went out on my own, I picked up a few of the other local station as clients.