Design a new LED “downlight” solution.
Criteria for success:
New points of competitive opportunity: (Solution should deliver in part or completely)
1. Installation should be fast and easy for the electrician.
2. Retro-fit to existing holes in ceilings containing older technology fittings of different hole sizes.
Current competitive expectations: (Should be considered and integrated to solution where possible)
1. Needs to meet fire ratings BS 476 part 21.
2. Adjustable in horizontal and vertical angles.
3. Removable colour trims to be incorporated.
4. IP65 rated for use in bathrooms.
Additionally, consider the ‘end user’ needs identified, translate into opportunities for competitive advantage and factor into your design. This will be based on your own research and investigation.