- Port Vintage is a new typeface expanded upon the original Port typeface, released in 2013, and being an experimental Didone typeface with a modern twist, inspired by the well known forms of typography masters such as Bodoni and Didot and the exuberance and elegance of calligraphy typefaces.
- A lot of changes were made, the whole typeface is now softer and has less rough edges, the time it took to mature made it possible to achieve an entirelly new and distinct flavour from the original Port, giving away the rough edges from Port and giving place to the soft transitions and curved connections between the stems and serifs of Port Vintage.
Port Vintage melts the straight lines and strong contrasts of the Didone typefaces with the elegant lines of calligraphy in a geometric way, resulting in exuberant characters with geometric swashes that can be combined in countless ways.
The result of this experiment is Port Vintage, an unique and rich display typeface meant to be used on big sizes and it's main perk is the amount of alternative characters it features. Port Vintage is Open-Type programmed and includes hundreds of alternates, from swashes to titling alternates, ligatures and stylistic sets with each character having a thin version of itself, giving complete freedom to all your creative needs.
- Port Vintage is available in 10 different styles: Port Vintage Regular, being the base version and featuring the whole base character set; Port Vintage Regular Decorated, featuring richer forms and containing more ornamentated and more extravagant characters; Port Vintage Medium and Port Vintage Medium Decorated, designed for the occasions you need a bit more thickness and the decoration variants: Port Vintage Ornaments, containing a wide set of elements meant for the creation of fillets, vignettes and fleurons, resulting in an almost infinite number of possible combinations to embellish your designs and Port Vintage Words, a set of some of the most common words used in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Portuguese. All styles, except Port Vintage Ornaments and Port Vintage Words, include italic styles.
For a better understanding of all the uses of Port Vintage and the full character list the reading of the manual is recommended.
- For a limited time you can buy Port Vintage from Onrepeat Types and get the original Port family for free, saving $120!
- By making full use of Open-Type features Port Vintage offers a vast catalog of hundreds of characters that can be activated through the Swash, Stylistic Sets, Ligatures and Titling Alternate menus, each character also has a thin counterpart (upper cases), giving you complete freedom over your layouts and making it possible to create an almost unlimited amount of different combinations.No lettering will look the same.
- The original Port was also used on the "Scrabble Typography 2nd Edition" table game, by Scrabble."This brand-new experimental didone is totally awesome and also completely twisted. Great stuff from Portuguese designer João Oliveira!" — MyFonts
"I want this font! Muy sexy" — OFFF Fest