- THE BRIEFOur client came to us with a site that was now a couple of years old and which was starting to show its age. The goal was to test new layout and architecture ideas on the PSN section to inform a larger redesign. We were obviously very excited.
The particular issues were:
- a content organization that followed business silos vs user expectations
- too much noise and not enough signal
- lack of user engagement
- a higher than usual bounce rate
- THE CONCEPT
- STRATEGY & USER EXPERIENCE
No one knows PS gamers like Sony, so when we dug into their extensive data sets and research we confirmed our initial instincts: Gamers were seeking deep information about games and the budding entertainment ecosystem supported by the PS3. Our approach revolved around the idea of taking a more spartan approach to what information was being surfaced to users. Gamers weren't seeking a certain volume of information but a certain quality.
- CREATIVE CONCEPTS
- THE APPROVED DIRECTION