- Visual interpretation of the quatrains of Omar Khayyam
Translation - Pouyan SHATERI - Tehran
- Thought I'm gifted allure, glamour, graceAn earthly figure with a lovely faceThere is no clue why I was sent to earthwhy the painter of universe drew my trace
- Old castles that lodged kings with no fearToday serve as den to foxes, there and hereKings who for pleasure hunt down some deerWill soon be down dead by death's spear
- In this corner, there's me, the minstrel, music and wineWe have no fear, no worry, no shame; our recess is divineGlee all over, in heart, soul, and every sound aroundWe are free from fire, wind, water; whatever may whine
- We are the puppets, destiny performs the playWe'll be live on the show as long as we mayOnce our turn is up, we return to clayAll playful puppets will retire some day
- Fast asleep, I heard the wise man saySlumber wont bring the bliss you look for, hey!What you think you do rehearsing to pass awayTake wine, for in grave you will long lay !