- First place award on Dimueble 2013 national furniture competition, México.
- ConceptWhen a person transmits his/her work with his/her hands it’s very difficult to make the same movement twice, even trying the most specific recreation of the same action turns into something impossible but not necessarily frustrating.A handcraft is one of this unique movements, can only be done once. It´s possible to repeat a process but the result will always be different, that’s what makes it so special.That’s the reason why I tried to implement the palm webbing technic on the “Nasa” chair; by this traditional handcraft, every part of this chair was made for the delight of the user.
- ConstructionThis natural fibers are flexible but when weave they become strong enough to hold a person and comfortable for anyone to use; that’s what I want this chair´s message to be, to awake curiosity on the user, sit and feel.Another aspect of this chair is it´s natural materials that makes it 100% sustainable. Its organic shape goes by hand with the ergonomics of a human being´s anatomy.
-Ash Wood 40%
- MissionI believe we need to turn back and use our roots, traditions and handcraft skills in order to create new shapes and stories that represents us; it’s our identity and we must be proud of it.
- In collaboration with FSG Furniture Mexico and Ceferino, palm webbing handcraft man.
Photos by Kaleb J Cardenas Z & Andres Solis