This study aims to work the development of graphism. The choice of the Indian elephant happened owing to the existence of traditional festivals in the Indian culture, where the animal is decorated and painted. To create the graphic elements I was inspired by the Mehndi, a henna tattoo related to their religious beliefs and practices.
Here go some steps of the process.
1. Definition of outline.
2. Sketch of the general shapes.
3. Correction of internal lines.
4. Detailing the general shapes and fill with black.
5. Fill with gray shades and gradients.
6. Applying textures (organic brushes) and set of contrasts.
7. Detailing some parts and adding color.