- Krantijyoti Savitribai & Jyotirao Phule Memorial
A centre for social upliftment and womens emancipation at Pune is taking shape. The nineteenth century social reformers' house and place of work are a pilgrimage place for social workers in Maharashtra & India.
- The patterned brickwork and stylized railings create a sense of craft that was characteristic of the era in which the Phules worked.
- Ferrocement pergolas over the entrance to the auditorium.
- Acrylic pyramids have been designed as light boxes that will light up during intervals to create a similar effect as the painted brick patterns in the interiors.
- A conscious decision was taken not to try and consume the available FSI and create a low rise need based building that would imagine a situation in which Savitribai would have liked to operate if she were alive.
- The library on the first floor with the simple furniture is a well lit and ventilated space in this quiet quarter of the city.