- This time around the new tasting menu at Astrid&Gaston "is the cuisine, turned into a new experience, in which art, music, literature, design and fashion come together to intervene space and time, so every bite can stir the senses, reflection, memory, emotion. "
To celebrate the Italian migration and its integration to Peru, Gaston Acurio brings together artists and designers from different fields to develop "EL VIAJE: a journey". It is the story of tens of thousands of men and women, sons and daughters of Liguria, who for various reasons choose to emigrate to Peru and since then with a fraternal embrace to the cultural integration, it has been gradually giving life to a new world to the Italian memory and Peruvian heart, all transmitted from the fine dining experience.
The menu is divided into five acts. Our work in this project was the artistic and creative direction.
CARTAPACIO / CONCEPT & DESIGN
- by Nagisa Otsubo, Jieying Li & Guillermo Fajardo
- ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________ARTISTIC TABLEWARE DESIGN
- Act one: La Partida / Valija de Viaje, by Mercedes Salem.
- Act two: La Travesía / Sirena Inca, sculpt by the plastic artist Abel Bentín.
- Act two: La Travesía / Cabeza de Neptuno, sculpt by the plastic artist Abel Bentín.
- Act three: La Integración / Mar, by the industrial designer Loreta Haaker.
Act three: La Integración / La Red, by the industrial designer Loreta Haaker.
- Act three: La Integración / Dragon de mar, sculpt by the plastic artist Abel Bentín.
Act five: El retorno / Piramide Trunca, design by the plastic artist Marcelo Wong.
- Sketches made by the designers and artists for the tableware, under the EL VIAJE concept
- ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________INTERIOR DESIGN
- La Pulpería / restaurant bar, concept by Jieying Li & Guillermo Fajardo of Jumping LomoArtistic photography by Alejandra Vera Matos / Documentary photography by Lima Antigua
- El Salón / restaurant main room, concept by Nagisa Otsubo
Artistic photography by Alejandra Vera Matos
- ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________General Management: Gastón AcurioGastronomic Management: Diego Muñoz, Emilio Macias, Elba Velarde & Ruben EscuderoSweet World: Astrid Gustsche & Rafael BautistaMaridaje: Julio Barluenga & Héctor DíazRoom Management: Luis GarcíaCreative & Art Direction: Guillermo Fajardo, Jieying Li & Nagisa OtsuboTableware Design: Abel Bentín, Sonia Céspedes, Loreta Haaker, Gonzalo Palma, Mercedes Salem, Carlos Runcie, Edward Venero, Sofia Vidal & Marcelo WongArtístic Photography: Alejandra Vera MatosMusic Direction: Bruno SánchezVideo: Eduardo Delgado & Neil GayosoCostume: Amaro Casanova & Pal ZileriGeneral Production: Angelit Meza & Erika SchulerComunications: Alejandra ArispeHistorian: Gonzalo TorresWritten by: Jaime BedoyaPhotos: Ines Menacho / A&G Files / Jumping Lomo Files