Discovery History - WW1
506
17
1
Add to Collection
About

About

Starting from some A4 paper sheets, I've created the rips that I wanted, scanned them at high resolution and then I used these rips on the maps. … Read More
Starting from some A4 paper sheets, I've created the rips that I wanted, scanned them at high resolution and then I used these rips on the maps. I've been careful to follow the required borders, trying not to lose the nice details that the paper naturally has. In Cinema 4d then I've overlaid the maps and applied the required distortion, to create the rips. The mattes had to match precisely so you couldn't see the rips at the beginning of the shot. On shot 1 and shot 2 the globe had to be glossy. I've used three different hdri maps to get to the required look. I've done the compositing in After Effects, where I've added the particles of the torn paper. The final grade has been done in Resolve by Dan Moran. Director: Natasha Brinsden Read Less
Published:
Starting from some A4 paper sheets, I've created the rips that I wanted, scanned them at high resolution and then I used these rips on the maps.
I've been careful to follow the required borders, trying not to lose the nice details that the paper naturally has.
In Cinema 4d then I've overlaid the maps and applied the required distortion, to create the rips. The mattes had to match precisely so you couldn't see the rips at the beginning of the shot.
On shot 1 and shot 2 the globe had to be glossy. I've used three different hdri maps to get to the required look.
I've done the compositing in After Effects, where I've added the particles of the torn paper.
The final grade has been done in Resolve by Dan Moran.
Director: Natasha Brinsden