Add to Collection
About

About

Audacious project! After selecting bottles of the same product to make sure the glass would be compatible, I thoroughly washed them, dried and ha… Read More
Audacious project! After selecting bottles of the same product to make sure the glass would be compatible, I thoroughly washed them, dried and hand painted the inside, then kiln fired them. Lots of research later I came up with a method that I hoped would work, nonetheless with recycling material we are never sure! So after some 20 hours of expectation I was prepared to face a serious disaster. What happiness to see the fully fused piece when I opened the kiln door! Better yet, it looked beautiful, no bubbles, no cracks, a full, entire beautiful Desert Sun! Finished in 2010. Photo by Claire McAdams. Read Less
Published:
Audacious project! After selecting bottles ofthe same product to make sure the glass would be compatible, I thoroughlywashed them, dried and hand painted the inside, then kiln fired them. Lots ofresearch later I came up with a method that I hoped would work, nonethelesswith recycling material we are never sure! So after some 20 hours ofexpectation I was prepared to face a serious disaster. What happiness to seethe fully fused piece when I opened the kiln door! Better yet, it lookedbeautiful, no bubbles, no cracks, a full, entire beautiful Desert Sun! Finishedin 2010. Photo by Claire McAdams.