- Promo video for "Cinema Perpetuum Mobile" film festival.
DP Vasily Tsybulko. Editor Robert Seneko.
- I got involved in the project at the postproduction stage. By the time the shooting was over. There was a rough cut version, which is not good enough for the creators.
- The video was filmed in improvisational manner, so it never had a script.
On the original video was captured Soviet film projector ...
- A girl who pedals a bicycle barefoot ...
- And the combination of all with the flashing torch.
- My task was to re-edit in somehow, maybe add some captions.
- The first goal – to connect the image with the perpetual motion machine to beat the festival name.
I took a fragment of the shot with bike gear and looped it.
- Color correction in the fiery yellow gave similarity to da Vinci drawings, associations with parchment, splinter light, alchemy.
- Yellow shots of the engine began to alternate with bluish shots of a film projector.
- It expanded visual space, having emphasized that we consider at least two remote objects.
- The audio track consists of sound recorded while shooting: the noise of chains and the projector.
There was no titles in the original scenario. However, they serve as a link, which gave the meaning to the video.
- Final Result