- Case Study: Jones Soda
Re-aligned Information Architecture and Standardized UI Design
- The well known Jones Soda brand, as well marketed as it is and has been, has suffered an identity crisis online. A decade of interactive marketing efforts published content onto disparate websites and experiences, causing a need for a re-alignment of the existing information and a newly standardized user interface design.The following is a summary of the IA and UI Design services I performed as Creative Director for FGI.com's client, Jones Soda.
- Various websites with disparate interface styles created a confusing user experience.
- The solution: re-align the Information Architecture into one cohesive website, including moving online applications like games and polls to more appropriate social channels
- First step in production: a new sitemap illustrating a high level view of the refined IA
- Second step: Create wireframe prototypes, allowing a simulation of the enhanced user experience prior to the design or development phases
- Third: Create standardized UI elements, including on-brand fonts and color scheme
- Finally, the remainder of the new site architecture is designed. The gray rectangles represent content areas (graphics) intended to be filled in by the Jones Soda in-house designers.
- Fun brand, great product, great project. You can view the full site here: jonessoda.com