- Barilla "Let's create a Love Story together!"
A Facebook Contest
- I had the pleasure to work with a group of talented people for Barilla Greece, our new client. Barilla asked from Rascal to create a Facebook contest communicating the perfect match between the Barilla pasta and the Barilla sauce products. The project was very interesting as it was the first digital action of Barilla Greece so we had to build from scratch the social media strategy and tone of voice for the brand. I'd like to share with you some first visuals at early stages and then explain the final choice.
- Early stage UI and Visual Concepts
- The Brief
- In a glance: create a facebook contest in order to engage Barilla fans, for one month, communicating the perfect match between the pasta and sauce Barilla products. Educate users regarding the Barilla pasta and sauce collection. Requests: Fans should use the application every day, fans should ask from friends to install the app and take part together at the contest, fans should be able to share their participation on their wall. The application mechanism should be able to reward users for their engagement, in other words, the more the user is using the app the more are the chances to win!
- The Idea
- The choice and match of a Barilla Pasta and a Barilla Sauce is so personal and so unique as it is the way we choose our friends and our pairs. Barilla represents passion for pleasure and authentic Italian taste. What could offer more joy than sharing moments of pleasure with the friends or the people we love the most? A human relation can be expressed with words, a Barilla relation (between pasta and sauce) can be expressed with delight and passion for perfection. So, combine words with taste and passion and you've got "Delight Together". Our Facebook contest.
- The Mechanism
- 1. Sending the invitation
Every user can invite up to 3 friends per day to participate together at the contest. The invitation sender will make his/her personal choice of Barilla Pasta. Every pasta product represents a specific phrase that will be sent to the other "half" (the receiver). The Copywriter did a remarkable job writing some very inspiring phrases that were able to reflect passion, love, the product specifics as well as the brand values.
- 2. Receiving the invitation
Then the invitation receiver will have to read the phrase, and decide how he/she will complete the phrase (between 3 choices). Every phrase represents a different Barilla Sauce.
- 3. The outcome
Every couple will finally make a personal choice, a unique combination of Barilla pasta and Barilla sauce, completing an inspiring phrase. At the end both users will share their choice on their wall entering the contest, having the chance to win Barilla Products and for two lucky persons and Apple iPhone and an Apple iPad.
- More UI
- In order to complete the application I had to design about 45 different screens for different functionalities. I will not include all of them at this post, only the most important.
- Thank you for your time.Kind regards,
Art Director / UI Designer / Illustrator
― aka Vector Hugo ―
- LEGAL NOTES
1. Barilla logo, the brand name/word Barilla, all the Barilla product images such as the pasta and the sauce images as well as the illustration of the heart (pasta and fresh tomatoes) as well as the image of the Barilla pasta packaging and the Barilla Sauce are copyrighted materials, protected by International Laws and belong to Barilla G. e R. F.lli S.p.A.
2. This portfolio case is independently created and not endorsed / authorized by Barilla. Barilla is either registered trademark or trademark of Barilla G. e R. F.lli S.p.A. - P.I. 01654010345.
3. This promotion is not sponsored, supported, organized or associated in any way with Facebook.