But very quickly, beyond the simple mechanical or technological aspects of these glasses, we worked on the naturality of the product - idea born by a discussion with Philippe Guyot (manager of the Mikli design department) and me. By its aspect and proportions, the product soon appeared in our minds like an insect and especially a dragonfly.
The glasses became both folding wings and panoramic eyes, and the temples the body and structure.
By extension, the box became cocoon, the display became hive...
My involvment (in collaboration with Philippe Guyot) :
- Box design, conception, development - European Award of Packaging design 2001
- Display design and development - P.o.p Award for best display - POPAI® 2001
- Graphical Identity - P.R. Kit, leaflets, posters
- Booth conception
- Instructions leaflets drawings
- Frame collection technical drawings
The final product is one of the best frames ever made. I wore it for the last 9 years, folding in and out 10 times a day, and never had any problem.
The all environment for the concept was brillant and very well made.
It was the first of his kind in the world of eyewear, using the codes of perfume or fashion to sell a very technical and sophisticated product.
All images are properties of Alain Mikli International® - © Copyright 2011 - All rights reserved - www.mikli.com