36 days of type #07
36 Days of Type is a project that invites Designers, Illustrators and Graphic Artists to express their particular view on letters and numbers of our alphabet. 36 days of restless creativity, where participants are challenged to design a letter or number each day, resulting an outcome of the ability to represent the same symbol from many different perspectives. A project that aims to be a space for creation around typography and its endless graphic possibilities.
For this edition of the 36DOT challenge I decided to go for a more powerful expression than last time. Like the collection of 2019, this series is also inspired by the 80s chrome style. But this time, I wanted to create a series with really different looking pieces in a uniform look. To keep it diversified, I combined abstract letter types with a different monochrome look for each piece. The letter shapes had to stand out from the background just because of its reflection.
1. letter design Adobe Illustrator
2. exporting as bitmap Adobe Photoshop
3. creating bump map through expotential blur Filter Forge
4. generating vibrant gradient with large scaled RGB noise Filter Forge
5. using refraction to combine letter shape and gradient Filter Forge
Thanks for watching!