Visual research and material experimentation 3 month timeline, 2019, variable size, variable material
This map shows the thought process behind the research done for the class Drawing: surface and space. Each idea evolved from the previous one, information was processed by observation and then through the hand to produce something new.
1.initial inspiration, scattered weathered rocks on the sidewalk
2. rough observational sketches done of the scattered rocks, cut up and collaged together
3. cardboard rendering of imagined space from the previous collage
4. observational drawing of the cardboard structure
5. bioplastic cup and pieces iterative of the observed drawing and original scattered rocks.
6. another observational drawing using the past pieces for pattern and textural clues
7.candy glass and wire experiment
8. bioplastic drawing surface and lamp for illumination
9. drawing on the bioplastic imagining bugs on the surface illuminated by the lamp.
10. iterative cardboard drawing and paper onion
11.cardboard structure rendered using the google deep dream generator