Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England
Shortly before leaving I learned that the venue had to chaneg due to a renovation project in the planned theatre. I quickly adapted the design concept to fit the new space; which was much smaller.
Upon arrival in October I discovered the space was a little larger than I expected. We were able to make use of stock scenery items that were on hand at the theater facility which cut down on the build time for the show. The technical staff at the theater assisted in the set up of the units and my assistant helped with the painting. Props were pulled from stock or acquired locally.
The lighting set up at the facility was not very flexible, but I was able to re-patch the system to allow the operator to have a two scene preset functionality. With only 12 circuits to work with, I was able to focus lights to create an eerie wash in an amber color for the two scenes, create a moonlight effect from behind the window, and also patch in a practical chandelier. With two circuits remaining, we inserted break up patterns into two elipsoidals to allow us a textured preshow and set change wash cue.
There were a few problems with the facility initially, but we quickly worked out the kinks and put on a fantastic show to two sold out audiences and a school matinee from North Hertfordshire College.