IRI | Retail Trade Desk (RTD)
Retail Trade Desk
Category managers generally pull data for analysis from multiple systems, people, and sources to find the right "marketing mix". This information is aggregated to form a "full picture" of the marketplace that enable decisions that make category managers successful when measured against performance KPIs. Time is often lacking. Pressure from top to bottom is intense. 
ORIENTATION + IDEATION
Working closely to co-design solutions, category management was invited to ideation sessions to orient the problem. 
The product offering would have to leverage the company's core capabilities and integrate with existing offerings through "Unify" seamlessly. Telling the story from end-to-end helped all involved understand the contexts involved with potential offerings for various roles. 
DESIGN EXPLORATIONS
The 4P's and Multi-Dimensional Comparability
No category management system(s) on the market can do multi-variate ("overlapping") analysis of the "Four P's" of product marketing. The experts in the room decided that one of the "P's" was implicit. No system(s) can offer suggestions (or "actionable insights") based on automated analysis and/or machine learning. Category managers do this but do it manually, taking time, resources, and attention away from their entire "spread" of offerings as the average category manager can only tend to her or his top 10% and miss the potential of the other 90% (based on large volume retailer client data). Retail Trade Desk enables category managers to grow potential while maintaining the right mix for product category leaders.
High Level IA and UX Mapping
Sketch
Sketch
Retail Trade Desk has the ability to take into account the proximal effects a decision would make on products within the rest of the category, sub-category and is set up to learn over time through tracking decisions and listening to correction inputs from users who remediate poor recommendations or results.
Sketch
Sketch
Architecture and Data Models for Visualization
FINAL RELEASE and SPEC
Using a radar plot and the 3/4 Ps category managers worry about. Larger organizations with high volume ranges are able to quickly access various ranges and thresholds as well as multi-dimensional data architectures as reflected in the UI.
Layered engagements allow for easy navigation and orientation across touchpoints.
Category managers are able to compare to Rest of Market any product at any time through an intuitive side-scolling UI rich with insights and data. 
Retail Trade Desk was an immersed collaboration with a nuclear physicist, the SVP of New Products and Innovation, the EVP of Product Management, a Creative Director, and Category Managers. 
IRI | Retail Trade Desk (RTD)
0
14
0
Published:

IRI | Retail Trade Desk (RTD)

Retail Trade Desk is an innovative solution to a complex problem and need in the marketplace for Category Management at all levels. It allows not Read More
0
14
0
Published:

Tools