On 2008 I decided to kickstart a new pet project. After my flash-powered blog back in 2003, I had no produced any kind of personal project for nearly 5 years. This sort of emptyness and my commitment to ride the mash-up wave drove me to start this (eventually unfinished) garage project.
The idea came to me the day I discovered I had recently purchased a CD by The Cure album that I already owned. All of you music collectors outta there: How many times have you purchased a record you already owned? All music collectors know how difficult is to maintain an updated music catalogue. Then I envisioned a free online app that allowed its users to catalogue their music by simply clicking on the albums from the bands & artists they had previously prompted.
My project relied in the ASP.NET MVC Beta 1 and had a strong dependency on the Strands Music Web Service. While ASP.NET MVC was very difficult to deploy since there was no documentation available, Strands discontinued its service. The other music discovery APIs out there (Audioscrobbler by Last.fm) featuringa public XML/REST web service available by that time were still too limited to fulfill all the project requirements.
With all these caveats in mind, I decided to set aside this project and focus on other more urgent issues. These proof of concept screenshots are the only legacy of Muzaklist.