MelodyShop is an interactive kiosk service with the focus in making the experience of buying concert tickets more simple and enjoyable. The process of buying a ticket should always be less stressful while fulfilling the users' expectations and goals, and MelodyShop aims to do both.
I designed this concept service as a way to help the shopping process bring more ease and something that local concert venues such as Rochester's Anthology can use. These service would be found nearby box offices.
The information design on tickets can be confusing and the overall design can look bland. I set out to design a ticket with information in structure while having a ticket that looks pleasing and something that music goers can keep as a memorable item.
Goals & Objective
- To make the experience of purchasing a concert ticket easy, pleasant, and simple to navigate.
- Create service would mostly be used, but not limited to, local music venues.
- I looked at a few competitors including Ticketmaster & StubHub. This included analyzing their UI/UX and their pros & cons of their services.
- I looked at articles about problems involving third-party vendors & scalpers.
- Asked people about their experience using these services.
- Use my personal experience with Ticketmaster.
Throughout my paper prototype stage, I thought it was ideal to have the UI be split into two sections and horizontal in order to distinguish different information.
After multiple feedbacks and adjustments, I moved onto XD CC and continued refining my low-fidelity UI then moving on to the high-fidelity phase.