Women in Punk music festival
Women in Music is a nonprofit focused on highlighting the work of women in the music industry. In 2019, they are hosting a music festival highlighting the last 50 years of the punk, DIY scene and the roles of women within the genre that often go unnoticed.
According to a 2017 report from The Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, 83.2% of the music industry was comprised of men, leaving only 16.8% of women. Because punk has always celebrated itself as the genre of inclusion and acceptance, this festival is an important way to highlight these influential women of the scene and bring attention to new, up and coming bands. The Women in Punk festival will reference established punk design elements like bold, aggressive use of type and black as the primary color, but through incorporating a clean, sans serif and minimal use of bright colors, the design is brought into a contemporary context. The poster advertising the event will use these brand guidelines, while bringing in a cut and paste style collage of the different performers at the festival, showing the viewer who is involved before they even have to read the lineup. 
The festival website will not only be a place to purchase tickets for the festival, but will be focused on educating visitors to the site about this history of the scene. It is a dynamic, interactive website with pages about each decade from the 1970s until today, highlighting different influential women during these times and recommending music from the artists to listen to.

Women in Punk music festival
5
45
0
Published:

Women in Punk music festival

5
45
0
Published:

Tools