Design or re-design a consumer toy and its product packaging to eliminate waste, using circular design principles
- Teach children early about the circular economy, waste and sustainability principles
- Create a new play experience that support children’s development
Toy (Hape) Fresh Fruits & Garden Vegetables Play-set
OUTER JACKET (SLEEVE)
Basket illustration, Infographic, Numbering flashcard
Basket box, Hardcover, Book pocket, Illustrated storybook
23cm (l) x 7.5cm (w) x 30cm (h)
Foam board, Mounting board, papers
CONCEPT & IDEA
This education kit (which consists of a set of toys, flashcards and storybook) is aimed to teach kids the importance of eating fruits and vegetables, as well as to avoid food wastage. The packaging is integrated together with the kit itself, serving both as the holder and an infographic poster printed on the underside - leaving no part of this product, go to waste.
A kid, Thomas was having his great breakfast but he couldn’t manage to finish them.
The leftovers turned into monsters (as food waste polluted our environment) to attack the him.
He turned himself into a superhero to save them from being leftovers.
He took 3 steps to solve the problem:
1. Compost the leftovers to backyard
2. Keep the leftovers into the refrigerator
3. Try to finish the leftovers food himself