Architect: ye Rong
Project year: 2018project
Problems to be solved:
1. Narrow foyer, which is only 1 meter across, is poorly-lit.
2. The kitchen is comparatively small, and the original space cannot meet the owner's needs for cooking. A separate western-style kitchenis needed.
3. Poorly-lit guest bathroom in the middle of the house, with a small window connected to the kitchen which is almost dark during the day.
4. It has always been a dream for the hostess--Ms. Zhao, an amateur baker to own a home-café.
1. take down the wall separating the foyer and kitchen, and use 4 centimeters’ black framedglass wall to replace the original thick brick wall, creating a bigger and lighter space.Additionally, the graphic design of the glass wall is not only practical, but also adds an interesting touch to the space.
2. build up a balcony with steel-concrete structure, and bring the original balcony into the kitchen space.
3. re-construct the doorway between the dining room and the original balcony into anextra-wide home-café for baking and making coffee. An extra cabinet provides a storage place and also a great way for display at the same time.
4. Replace the brick wall between the guest bathroom and the living room to solve the problem of lighting with translucent glass wall(by using ”Changhong glass”) to allow natural daylight through, so that the guest bathroom can be used normally without turning on the light during the day.