Dropship on the run
I had in mind for a long time to make a dropship, but I just managed to accomplish the task during the Christmas hoildays. It is a light / material study and kitbashing test in Blender 2.79. I used the Shipyard 0.7 parts-library from Wolfsword's blendswap and PBR materials. Of course this was just the starting point start, as it took a little mesh editing and finally I ended up making a spaghetti in the node editor.
The decals with the warnings and the number are just text with a grunge font that snapped onto the model-like the decals on model aircrafts kits. I Eventually ended up with a large Polycount because the necessary pointiness attribute requires it. The rendering was done in Cycles with Filmic blender in Color management and the final OpenEXR was the basis for deforming the haze in Photoshop.
Thanks for watching!