Tips To Get More Online Reviews on Your Product Page
Online reviews have gained huge importance in the recent years due to overall rise of ecommerce and local search. Having that said, there are a few types of businesses to talk about whenever there is a discussion about reviews.
- The first type of businesses includes the ones that depend upon referrals. They don’t get any online reviews and they don’t care about it either.
- The second type includes the ones that depend upon referrals but they also get reviews. However, they consider reviews less important.
- There are also the businesses that think that reviews are important and, so, they work hard to get those reviews.
- There are also some businesses that think that reviews are very important and they work hard to get them. But they don’t get many.
One thing that is worth mentioning in this regard is that online reviews are on the rise and they are going to be a major ranking factor in the future. So, if you are not caring much about reviews, you are going to get them anyway but those reviews are not going to be positive. If the first review about your business appears to be negative, your marketing campaign is not going to help you much.
If you are working hard to get reviews but you are not getting a good amount of them, you need to think where things are going wrong. You may be missing some available opportunities on the table. One thing that you need to keep in mind in this regard is that the real power is not the review; it is the reviewer. It means that your business approach should be to please the customer rather than focusing solely on reviews and good feedback. Once you have found the formula of satisfying your customers, you are going to get good sales and good amount of positive reviews.
Now, it would be worth mentioning how you can ask people to leave a review about your product or brand.
1. While asking your customers to leave a review, make sure that you are not offering any kind of incentives. Most of the people are going to leave a review for free.
2. The process of leaving a review needs to be easy for the customers. For instance, if your customers do not have a Gmail ID, do not ask them leave a review about you on Google.
3. Never ask people to leave a review on Yelp. Chances are most of the people are not going to be the users of Yelp. They are going to post for you for the first time and Yelp’s spam filter is going to delete those reviews.
4. You need to ask about the review immediately. There shouldn’t be any interval between time of service and time of request for the review.
5. In many instances, customers forget to leave review on time. You can send a reminder email with a link to the review page after 3 days.
No matter how good your product or service is, you are not going to get many reviews if you are not following a mechanism to make your customers leave the reviews. You should know how to ask them for reviews and you need to make sure that you have made the process easy for them.