Jaagriti - म्हारे हरियाणे की शान, लड़का लड़की एक समान!
- is a collaboration between the Government of Haryana and UNICEF, aimed at reducing gender disparity in the state through long term measures. It is currently being piloted in two districts - Rohtak and Jhajjar, from 2017-2019.
The project aims to focus on a holistic approach through work on four components:
1. Improving safety and mobility of women and girls: Creating safer public spaces, public transport, and training on two-wheeler to increase mobility.
2. Gender socialisation in schools about traditional gender norms, to sensitise the upcoming generation at the right age
3. Positive use of media to portray ordinary women as role models.
4. Transforming government offices as gender inclusive work-spaces.
This logo has been designed with an idea to provide women in Haryana with the skills, support and opportunities to become leaders and changemakers in their schools, communities, nation, and world, to keep stepping up, and reach the moon some day.
The elements used in this logo include a woman bearing a torch on her way to new heights while being accompanied by a man. Both of them together are marching towards the moon on a staircase, reinstating the feeling of the tagline of the Jaagriti project: म्हारे हरियाणे की शान, लड़का लड़की एक समान!