Instead of throwing out the newspaper when I'm done with it like I usually do, I decided to create some type one night. I took the Baltimore Sun page by page and ripped and tore it apart to fold it in ways that obscure the existing type on the pages enough to keep it from confusing the reader of the Newspaper Type.
I did this in an experimental way, sometimes creating the letters five or six times before I was happy with how it looked. The trickiest letters to form by far were the round ones. I decided to create only uppercase letters since I felt the type would be too cluttered when seen with lowercase and uppercase together.