Way to Evaluate and Improve SEO Strategy
SEO requirements keep changing. This is the reason that what you learned years ago wouldn’t help you today. The major reason is that Google and search engines keep updating their algorithms every now and then. These updates may involve overhaul and rewriting of new rules and algorithms.
Now, the main thing you have to be concerned about is the traffic through search engine. For this purpose, you need to be present in the first page of Google search results. It doesn’t really matter if your website is live from many years. What matters the most is that how well-maintained your website is. Having that said, it is worth mentioning that there is always room for the improvement in your SEO approach.
Evaluating SEO strategy
Talking about the improvement, you have to start with evaluation. You have to be fully aware about the status of your website. A few things that you have to take into consideration are as under.
1. First thing you have to focus is the link audit. You have to see where the links are coming from. Then, you have to be sure that the incoming links are of good quality. Bad quality of links can hurt your website’s rankings. Therefore, you should immediately disavow the bad quality links.
2. Make sure that your website is good from technical perspective. There are a lot of things to be taken care of in this regard. But, it doesn’t really mean that keeping the website technically correct is something difficult. You have to look at your website’s ability to allow smooth crawling of search engine. Page loading speed, content, mobile-first index, title tags and Meta descriptions, and appropriate alt tags for images are the factors you will have to look at.
3. Next, you will have to make sure that you are working on best content and social media strategy. There shouldn’t be any grammatical mistakes in the content. Moreover, it needs to address the readers’ concerns. Internal linking of the website also helps in keeping the readers engaged. The next part is social media strategy. The social media activity should be synchronized with content strategy in order to make sure that your readers get the value from the content you publish.
4. Finally, you have to make sure that your website can answer the questions from your audience.
Improving SEO strategy
1. The first thing you have to do in order to improve the SEO strategy is to make sure that you are creating good quality content. The days of creating 500-word blog and terming it the high quality content are long gone. However, you have to create lengthy content in your blog posts for the purpose of providing deeper insight about the topic. Your content should involve everything from text to multimedia files.
2. Link building needs to be according to a perfect plan. You will have to look at your competitors to find about their link resources. You can make efforts to use those resources in order to nullify the competition. Then, you will need to move one step ahead in order to stay ahead. However, quality needs to be the consistent factor in this entire process.
3. You need to optimize the headlines of your pages. Properly optimized headlines are more likely to be found by search engines. As a result, they get better chances of showing up in the search results. Well-optimized headlines get better CTR due to obvious reasons.