• Subject: Aliens / Colonial Marine / Motion Detector
• Production Time: ≈ 3 weeks
• Dimensions: 18" x 24"
• Paper Stock: French Black Liquorice (65 lb.)
• Number of Colours: 2 (metallic blue and silver Speedball inks)
• Quantity Produced: 75
An art print made for Brooklyn's Bottleneck Gallery's first group show of 2013; Gizmos and Gadgets. The unifying theme for the show was that pieces must revolve in some way around technology from popular culture such as videogames, films, or comic books. Since the theme for the show was so open, I jumped at the opportunity to design something other than a gig poster that would be for a good cause (a cut of the gallery's proceeds go to charity) and also pay tribute to one of my favourite movies: Aliens. Though a clerical error kept me from riding the press wave, it was a massive, massive honour to exhibit alongside so many other hard-working and gifted artists.
• Read a more detailed process report on my blog.