My mad scientist project for the past six years. Came up with the idea and just couldn't put it down until I figured it out. 11 completely unique functional variations later I got it to work in a cost effective, manufacturable, and marketable form! I wrote the patent myself (and had a lawyer fix it) and then set out to sell it. and then I sent it to all the major tool companies in the US. There was major interest from two of the big ones, I got a big offer to purchase the IP from one, but then the person I was working with left the company right before signing, their department was purchased and downsized, and after a year of slow discussion they retracted their offer. At the end of it my provisional patent has expired and I let it go. Glad to have tried and succeeded in many ways, here's to the next one!
Demo video here: https://youtu.be/tWVCT1uMVT8