An overview of the project before going digital:
1. The design template. I like to work context-first and it's great to have the dimensions and technical specifications ready before starting illustrating digitally.
2. Photo reference of the caravan to be included in the illustration.
3. Art Coffee, the logo for the label of Frans de Grebber.
4. A couple previous illustrations I made for the client used for reference as we need to keep the same vibe and style to tie the individual projects together.
5. A quick, loose sketch for the concept on my iPad: a layered landscape with characters.
6. Reference colours that I gathered from previous work, online inspiration and saved palettes. I am never strict with a reference palette but I like to have an initial direction to start with.
7. I made a custom print pattern that I want to include in the illustration to add additional depth.