Music Matters Productions
The Heineken / Dos XX 360 Cube is the combined brainchild of Greg Mike of ABV Gallery and Aaron Soriero of Music Matters Productions, both located in Atlanta. It has gone through several iterations of interactivity, including a live iPad input that allows users to draw on the LED walls, an interactive photo app that uploads users in different environments, as well as a VR projected display to engage festival-goers in the Heineken / Dos XX brand.
The 360 Cube was deployed at Shaky Knees and Shaky Beats 2017, Shaky Knees and Shaky Beats 2018, Moonrise Festival 2017, Day for Night Festival 2016 and 2017.
The project is made of the following elements:
- Absen X5 LED Tiles (first iteration was 240 tiles, the second was 224)
- Avolites Ai 4 output Media Server
- Blender 3D (for UV planar unwrapping of the LED surfaces).
- Novastar MCTRL 660 Controllers
- Barco Image Pro II (for signal conversion between iPads, VR, and the Ai Media Server.)
Interactive VR display wall
Our intern, Taryn, testing the HTC Vive inside the cube.
Planar UV unwrapping in Blender
A 3d representation of media playback after UV unwrapping
A full view of the Cube with its live iPad inputs. The structure created a fun and relaxing environment for festival attendees to purchase Heineken products while also expressing themselves creatively through their iPad artwork.