:North Holtville Friends Church:
“The Friends Church”, often called Quakers, had its beginnings in England about the middle of the seventeenth century. Early in 1907 a group of Imperial Valley pioneers having a heart felt need for God, sent a petition requesting that steps necessary be taken to organize a church in the farming community north of Holtville, California. This church was originally known as the Alamo Monthly Meeting. The church was formally organized May 4, 1907 and the building was started in October of that year. The church changed its name in 1922 to “The North Holtville Monthly Meeting of Friends.”
The building is recognized by the Imperial County Historical Society.