After Escape from Pompeii and Titanic, we enjoyed creating more book covers in new historical settings for My Story, the Scholastic non-fiction series:
* December 2021 Update: Torn Apart the Partition of India, 1947 by Swapna Haddow - A thrilling and moving account of the largest movement of people in history, telling both sides of the story through the voices of children at the heart of Partition.
* December 2021 Update: Windrush Child by Benjamin Zephaniah - An heart-stopping adventure, showing what it was like to be a child of the Windrush generation.
NB: fifth book from Voices series (not My Story).
* Blackout, 1944 by Tony Bradman - A gripping wartime adventure of what the life of a young English boy was like during World War Two and the V1 & V2 rocket attacks on London.
* Freedom, 1783 by Catherine Johnson - An action-packed and pacey story about Nathaniel, a young slave in Jamaica, forced to leave his family and move to England with his master.
* Coming Home, 1918 by Jim Eldridge - A gripping first-hand account of life back home, after World War One, for Joe Henry, an underage soldier.
* Plague: Outbreak in London, 1665-1666 by Tony Bradman - A thrilling story about a young boy's fight to stay alive during one of history's deadliest epidemics...
* Independence: War in Ireland, 20-21 November 1920 by Jim Eldridge - One Sunday, events come to a head and an exciting football match turns into a survival battle for an eleven-year-old boy.
Torn Apart the Partition of India, 1947 (S. Haddow)
Windrush Child (B. Zephaniah)
Blackout, 1944 (T. Bradman)
Freedom, 1783 (C. Johnson)
Coming Home, 1918 (J. Eldridge)
Plague: Outbreak in London, 1665-1666 (T. Bradman)
Independence: War in Ireland, 20-21 November 1920 (J. Eldridge)
© Scholastic, 2017-2021. Cover illustrations © Two Dots, 2017-2021