What I Like about the Websites
* The websites share a common visual identity and the footer is recognisable as part of The Bishop Wheeler Catholic Academy Trust
* The bold colours on each of the different websites' title bars
* I noticed when working on the site there is a big overlap with my display work - this 're-purposing' of content has led to increased efficiency for me as a designer. For example, the content on St. Mary's Menston Sports Day display was able to be turned into a web page quickly.
* The sites are well integrated with their social media channels such as Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
* It is very easy to embed comments
* The images are 'retina sharpness'
* The blog and pages are relatively straightforward for staff to edit
* The SEO is very good for the websites and individual articles rank highly on Google
* The pages are responsive
The new websites have been a success and have been praised by Directors of the Trust, Priests, Parents and Carers and pupils.
Future Potential Improvements
* Using https
* Using http2
* AMP pages for news pages(Squarespace have this as a beta feature)
* Hopefully it will become easier to move (republish) a blog post from one website to another. I would often use of this feature.
* Uploading short videos directly to the website