This is Explosions - a game world project I have given myself to play with.
Here is a run-down:
- Walter made endless numbers of legged, running, jumping, exploding naval mines (named Hertz, and this is you, player) programmed only to: Find water.
- Walter has a deal to power area's major city with his hydro-plant. So he is allowed... but Walter is of course dishonest and conniving... and there is one guy (another programmer) who is onto him.
- Once they had found Walter's water and he had everything in place, piping water to his plant, he remotely shut all the Hertz units down where they stood.
- He made a couple more dastardly robots for his EVIL plan. Walter has a new job for Hertz! One at a time is activated as hunting practice for LongArm. Have fun with that, player! Hertz of course still trying hopelessly only to find water... which is mostly now only in pipes.
- Our other programmer, F4NCYP4NTS, with much resistance from Walter is beginning to re-program the Hertz units with a different directive: Find waLter.
So here we are...