A personal modelling project to try out different hard surface techniques. This project took over several months of free time after work. Luckily Cinema 4D R19 got Radeon Pro Render which made it easy to create materials, light and render the whole thing. 90% of this is modeled from scratch, 10% by kitbash. It was usefull to build up a libary with nuts, bolds etc. for this project.
1. Block out with rough shapes (cubes, cylinders and splines) a 3D modell which shows the shape of the letter V and 8
2. Draw over it in Photoshop and get more detailed
3. Modell every piece in a sepperate scene using the rough shapes as a guidance
4. Add detail with kitbash (nuts and bolds etc.)
5. Create materials, light and render
6. A bit postwork in Photoshop
Scene setup in Cinema 4D