Creating solutions for stormwater management
1. A series of bioswales designed to manage runoff in a highly impermeable urban setting.
Link to Hamilton's Greenest Street for an interactive presentation of this project including GIS maps.
Award of Merit, City of Hamilton Urban Design and Architecture Awards 2017.
2. Rain garden designed to manage runoff from a residential driveway. The design was granted an Environmental Award in 2015 from Kitchener Communities in Bloom.
3. A residential garden in Waterdown Ontario designed to create a healthy ecosystem on a suburban lot by managing all stormwater on site and providing habitat for pollinators.
Creating habitat for pollinators
Creating community through design
1. Two Rivers Community Garden in Guelph Ontario was a conceptual design created for studio at the University of Guelph. The intention of the design is to provide a gathering place for friends and neighbours through a common gardening space, a place for preparing communal meals and a performance space for community events.
2. Durand Urban Farm Market is a recent addition to the gardens designed at Central Presbyterian Church in Hamilton Ontario. Community members walk or cycle to the market and vendors include urban farmers from the neighbourhood. The market has become a weekly gathering place for the community. FaceBook Instagram
The Trillium Award winning gardens have been an ongoing project designed by Adele Pierre and planted and maintained by volunteers.
3. Come Alive Outside: Barton Street Festival Link to Hamilton Spec article
Bringing together the Green Streets Challenge and the Barton BIA resulted in this marvellous play space as part of the Barton Street festival. With donations of time and materials from members of Landscape Ontario, over 3000 square feet of turf was laid on the road in front of the Barton library, giving children an opportunity for free, unstructured play in a neighbourhood with little green space.
Perspectives through 3D modelling
1. Residential properties modelled in SketchUp.
2. Ottawa Street North, Hamilton modelled in ESRI CityEngine
Prepared as a concept plan for a potential development near the entrance of the Rouge National Urban Park in Markham Ontario.