I don’t know about you, but we use 2D people in our 3D visualizations almost every day. And we need more and more of them. And new collections do not appear as often as we would like to. In addition, Russia lacks of smiling people, at the same time our customers often ask to put them on the foreground. So we decided to make our own collection, where all the people are smiling! It turned out to be not so simple and quick as we imagined, but nevertheless it is ready. Our first collection of 2D people for visualizations:
The process of creating:
1. First of all, we found examples of smiling people from different collections and websites that we like to try to understand what we want to get.
3. We put together interior references for the main picture
4. We chose the needed models, made test shots and wrote comments on the lighting and editing
5. When the .PSD files are ready to be saved, a color-profile that made all the pictures wax and violet emerged:
6. Then we finished the suitable scene, made a preview of the premise. After that we «crowded» the preview with people to try out their amount and position. As a result, we selected the final version of the placement:
7. Made the final render with Zdepth pass. We inscribed all the people we needed, so that they were built in the depth of the room, and we could create the right air perspective:
8. There turned out to be quite a soft light on the people, so for a sunny day on the street it may not be suitable, but for interiors with the diffused light they are great. Here is the final rendering with post-processing and new inscribed 2D people from the collection:
Let there be more smiling people on 3D visualizations!
This is our first experience of producing such a collection, and we are ready for any remarks. Write comments below!