Flawless Solutions to Export Lotus Notes Emails into PST Format
You have probably landed on this page because you are desperately looking for a complete solution to export Lotus Notes Emails into PST format. You must have searched for NSF to PST conversion everywhere else before clicking this page. So, put a halt to your long wait. In this article, we will discuss the comprehensive ways to migrate Lotus Notes to PST format. We will discuss the entire overview of NSF to Outlook PST migration here.
Today our lives cannot be imagined without email. All of us using emails for communication; be it an individual, organization or an enterprise. Two of the very popular email clients are MS Outlook and Lotus Notes. Outlook stores file in PST format while Lotus Notes in NSF. Both are excellent emailing programs yet at times need arises to switch from NSF to PST.
Why NSF to PST Migration?
1. Suppose a user is accessing Lotus Notes and has recently moved from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook. If two email applications support different file formats then, email migration from one platform to another becomes a tedious task. In this case, problem occurs as the old emails and data are saved in NSF database that will be accessed only on Lotus Notes. Now, you have Outlook as your email client and Outlook does not open NSF files. The real problem starts here. What will the user do now to get back the access to his old data and NSF files into PST format? So, user now thinks of migrating Lotus Notes emails from NSF database to Outlook PST. This is a case where user feels a sincere urge to convert NSF to PST.
2. Another reason why people tend to move Lotus Notes to PST format is that NSF files are much more prone to corruption for various reasons such as power failure, virus attacks; file header corruption, abrupt system shutdown, and much more. In addition to this, MS Outlook has a very easy interface and gives accessibility to emails even in an offline mode.
These reasons or needs to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook PST will be easier to understand by the following user query.
“Hey, Everyone! Actually, I have recently switched my organization. And so have my email clients changed now in the new firm. Earlier I had Lotus Notes but now this firm works totally on MS Outlook. The issue is that I am having tons of Lotus Notes emails in my NSF database which I want to access but unable to as Outlook does not support NSF files. I wanted to go through some important NSF emails. So email migration came to my mind but I am not sure how to do it. I am searching for an easy way to convert NSF to Outlook format. I came across a few commercial third party tools for NSF to Outlook PST migration but I am not sure which one is worth buying. Can someone please suggest me the best Export Notes tool? Or let me know if there is some another good way to convert .nsf to .pst file format? Thanks!”
NSF Lotus Notes to Outlook PST Conversion
Finally, we have reached to the most-awaited solution part for converting NSF to PST format. It can be done by two ways, which are,
1. Manual Method by Import/Export Wizard
2. Software Method by Export Notes Tool
Let us one by one understand both these methods.
1. Import/Export Manual Method:
Before performing this method, take a backup of NSF files to avoid data loss issues. This conversion method takes place in two stages which are,
1. Export Lotus Notes Email files
2. Import exported emails in Outlook
Export Lotus Notes Email Files
1. Open the Lotus Notes application and click on the Mail tab.
2. Menu > File option > Export option to start export wizard.
3. Select format of exported files from the wizard that opens.
4. Choose Tabular Text or Structured Text for Outlook export.
5. After this, Click on Continue and then on Export option.
6. Email files will be successfully exported using this way.
Import Exported Emails in Outlook
1. Open Microsoft Outlook application and click on the Import and Export option from the File Menu.
2. In the wizard click Next and select Comma Separated Values (Windows) or Tab Separated Values (Windows)
3. Again click Next and select the exported file from Lotus Notes, after browsing. Finally, click on Finish option.
These two stages followed properly will get the Lotus Notes files exported to Outlook.
Drawbacks of Manual Method
1. It is a long and complex method for non-technical users.
2. Damage or loss to Lotus Notes NSF data files might occur.
3. Unable to migrate large amount data from NSF to PST.
4. Incapable of migrating corrupt NSF to Outlook PST files.
In case, manual method fails to produce the desired output, go for a third-party software like Export Notes to convert NSF files to PST. It has a potential to perform effortless NSF to PST migration in almost every condition.
2. Export Notes Software for NSF to PST Conversion
Export Notes tool is advance software to move Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST precisely. The software is designed so as to perform complete conversion of all Lotus Notes emails, contacts, drafts, attachments, events, notes, etc. to MS Outlook PST format. Not only this, the tool also converts encrypted NSF emails to Outlook along with all included attachments. Unlike manual method, there is no risk to data loss while migration. All meta properties, folder structure and original formatting are retained after the export of Lotus Notes Emails to PST Format.
To migrate Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST format, user can use of Exchange Server Migration Wizard but it is not that up to the mark which is why Export Notes tool comes into the picture. So it is recommended to use Export Notes software for performing NSF to PST migration to getting an optimized result. It is an effortless tool for unlimited conversion of files from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST in minimum time and with maximum accuracy.