Based on the increased demand of mobile users visiting Kia Canada website, I presented the company directives my initiative to create a mobile version of the website for users who wanted to see specific content on the go. After obtaining the buy-in, I created the sitemap, workflows, mockups and UI design. We tested the first prototype with current and potencial customers and made several iterations based on the users feedback. This project was a techonological challenge, in 2010 jQuery Mobile was still in beta so I used the latest version of the framework (1.0 a3), we fixed bugs and customized the look with CSS3 and some basic JS.
The result: A cross device and browser compatible mobile website. m.kia.ca was the first mobile website in Kia Motors (worldwide) and fourth in the Canadian automotive industry.
Business objective achieved: Mobile phone visits per month were increased from 15.000 to 25.000 in one year.
.Net Development: My friend Nirav Shah