Geometric Threads is a pixel crawling system made with simple bots that roam over a photo and record their movement. At each step a new shape is drawn using the color of the pixel at the bot's current position. While the bots are trying to escape the canvas, an attraction force deviates their course trying to make them return to the middle. The strength and the success probability of the attraction increases with the distance between the bot and the center.
- 100 bots used simultaneously
- Each bot executes 200 movements
- Small dots mark the positions where a bot was totally returned from it's course
- GShape Algorithm was used for rounded corners
- Stock photos by Oleg Gekman