The Great Writer Series: Haruki Murakami
A booklet design inspired by the life and the work of Haruki Murakami.
The goal of this project is to design an 8 paged text-heavy booklet including front and back covers.
Specifications / Instructions:
1) Page: 8.5 x 11 Spread: 11 x 17
2) Cover prints on both sides of cover sheets
3) B&W with no bleed
4) Saddle Stitch (Stapled)
5) Any kind of paper stock
6) Vertical subdivisions of the 51 picas page: 4, 8, 1, 8, 1, 8, 1, 8, 1, 8, 3, picas
1) Titles, subtitles, and dates
3) Main essays: (Writing style, Political view, His Love for Music, Translation, Films, Notable work)
5) Picture captions
6) Pull quotes
7) List of work and accomplishments
Adobe Design Award Semifinalist 2017
Photo credit to one and only, Jessie Mar
Thanks for viewing!
Special thanks to Simon Johnston for his guidance and support.
Designed and curated from Los Angeles, California.