– He did not want to lean on the doorknob when he staggered because he thought, in that brief moment, that it might have been dirty.
– That a thousand dirty hands had touched it.
– That millions of bacteria and worms lived there.
– That the same cloth that cleaned the toilet next door, also have been there.
– When he realized, a moment later, that holding it tight was his only chance not to fall, he no longer had time to lean on anything else.
– The gravity was relentless and carried him to the ground.
– Fell on his head. Died instantly.
– Died of disgust.
Text by Lo Campomizzi