7 easy steps to configure a Cisco Router
Configuring a Cisco Router is not that tough task to go ahead with. GUI setup programs are attached with the smaller routers. In this article, a terminal window to easily configure the Cisco Router will be discussed. Also a professional help is recommended which can be obtained at Cisco router support phone number panel. Windows XP users should be using Hyperterminal, Windows Vista or Windows 7 users should be using the open-source Tera Term or Putty. A Hyperterminal emulator for Linux will be Minicom.
Below are mentioned few essential steps to configure Cisco router easily:
1. So, it is essential to determine what type of network, WAN or VPN users are willing to configure. Gather IP addresses, the network protocol, subnet mask, and addresses of gateways that may be required in later stage.
2. Connect both the Cisco Router and the PC together with a cable provided. Turn on the PC.
3. Next, navigate to the Hyperterminal if a user is working on Windows XP. This can easily be done by accessing the “Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> Communications >> Hyperterminal” section.
4. Configuration of the new connection by naming it Cisco and using the default Com 1 Port, set the baud rate to 9600is required to properly configure a Cisco router. This should be done by simply filling out an appropriate box which will appear.
5.Click on the ‘OK’ option to direct straight away in the routers console section. Power up the router to allow a boot up of the screen in the console window. This is a set up mode. This set up mode is used to configure the router and to continuing configuration of the router with the terminal window.
6.To use the terminal window interface, simply type “n” and press the “enter” button. A screen with the router will be shown now which will be a user mode to not allow a user to allow any kind of modification. Well, if a router name has already being assigned previously, it will automatically appear. “Router” will be used in the “router name” section in these instructions.
7.Type enable and hit the enter option which will appear as a router# text. It defines the privileged mode. Type configure terminal and just press the “enter” option. The router(config)# text will now appear on the screen.
8. At last, enter the commands required at this point to easily configure different features of the interface between the router as well as its components.
Our Cisco router technical support number 1-800-204-6959 service is available for different group of customers facing different kinds of issues related to routers worldwide. We work 24 hours a day to meet their daily demands for various workings issues faced by them. We believe in customer satisfaction and have the best track record of the highest success rate to identify customer’s problem and solve them instantly with successful results.
If you are looking to contact Cisco router customer support and searching for online assistance to resolve all your problems, you can call us on our toll-free number and we will get back to you with online tech support service with the best customer care support solution at very reasonable charges.
Garry Wilson is a Cisco wireless router technical support specialist engaged in offering Technical support service at Cisco router customer service to solve all the issues affecting the PC performance.