Shipping Container Conversion
The idea for a shipping container conversion is not new and has been successfully done internationally. In South Africa it is a relatively new concept and certainly has not been done on the scale created for Shell.
The concept is simple. Take a shipping container (or 3 in this instance), modify them and then retrofit them to create an interactive experience for visitors. In addition the containers are the transport mechanism. Genius in my opinion :)
There were 5 main interactive features
1. F1 Tyre Change competition (and a top gear leadrerboard)
2. An F1 simulator race setup
3. A Scalectrix for the younger visitors
4. A Brazilian Cafe coffee bar where beverages where served.
5. An iMac and iPad experience centre
Over the 2 days of the festival over 5000 people passed through the stand enjoying the games, giveaways and of course the visual appreciation of the promo girls :)
I have yet to experience a happier client and next years event promises to be larger, better and a real show stopper.