Apteka ot sklada is a federal pharmaceautical chain with more than 500 shops in 19 regions. Being supplied from its own depots the pharmacy suggests clients the bargain prices which is a strong competitive advantage.
Now, when more than 50% of people in Russia became active mobile Internet users, Apteka ot sklada decided to enter the new channel to sell and communicate with customers through their smartphones.
We needed to develop two native mobile apps for iOS and Android with a range of functions from booking items online to barcode scanning for a more detailed desctiption and availability checking of items.
Features: what users can do with the app
1. Use virtual discount card on a checkout, that is much more convenient than plastic card in a wallet
2. Book the chosen items via mobile app to get them in an offline store without standing in a queue
3. Get information on current sales and actions in the app
4. Send a feedback on a client service, quality of goods or issues associated with a mobile app. Photos or screenshots can be attached.
5. Get detailed information about an item by means of barcode scanning with a smartphone’s camera. By information is ment a price, a description, or availability of an item and so on.
6. Find the nearest pharmacy of the chain on a map. The mobile app automatically identifies user’s location to help him or her find nearby stores.
“When designing the interface of the app, we analyzed similar mobile apps with regard to usability and structure. Then, we’ve chosen several popular apps with very user-friendly and smooth execution of some functions we’ve been interested in and tried to extract the best insights and ideas while analyzing them. It’s a kind of a product benchmarking in a mobile development”, says Alex Bolotov, UX-analyst of the project.
The mobile app should visually correspond with the overall stylistics and color scheme of a brand communications. We used bright and recognizable corporate identity of a pharmacy chain as a background for a mobile app design concept. And, of course, all the colors, patterns, and visual elements were adapted for a convenient mobile usage. In order for clients to easyly navigate and get used to the apps we strictly complied with the principles stated in iOS HIG for iOS app and the set of rules from Google Material Design for Android.
Landing page for the app promotion