This week at WWDC, a new design of Apple Music was presented, which inspired me to share my version. As a paying subscriber of Apple Music, the following improvements would enhance my experience:
• Seamless Workflow: Much easier to change which device is playing your music
• Albums: Beautiful album art browsing, rather than lists
• Artists: Discover the best for new or favorite artists, including purchasing merch and concert dates
• Radio: Improved radio experience and better reccomendations based of your library
• Playlists: Send personal playlists to friends in a private message, browse friends or artists public playlists
• Sexier Look: Cleaner interaction design to help people reach the best parts of the app including an entirely new way to browse
I'm a fan of Beats 1 Radio, but let's change Featured Stations to Recommended Stations.These stations should be based of the music in your personal library. Tapping icon on the top right makes it easier to start any new station desired.
I love "For You", and didn't redesign this feature. I follow my favorite Artists on social media, so I have no use for Connect. Perhaps this feature could be more useful spread around the app; such as adding concert shedules under an Artist's page. This redesign concept hopes to reach the problems I have within the app. With iOS 10 approaching, I hope to see some similar updates in Apple Music.
Thanks for scrolling!