Behance portfolio reviews 8 held in Lagos, Nigeria was sponspored for the second time by CKDIGITAL. We were offered the office space and allowed to use their equipment.
Our speaker Dapo Adesugba a.k.a collyde prime, find him on behance, talked about how to survive an an illustrator. He gave good poniters and shared deep knowledge. We were also amazed by the visit of his parents to the reviews. Dapo shared that we needdevelop local content but with best global practices.
Here are the tips:
1. You need to have a sytem to train yourself. School or self taught, mentors etc.
2. Understand Anatomy. Learn how to draw everything.
3. Get a sketch pad. sketch on the go
4. Be unique; have a style
5. Watch animation. Learn from them
6. Be careful who you share your original ideas with. People might rob you.
Protect your intellectual property
Be careful who you work with
Do not be emotional when criticised either onine or offline.
7. Speed. Learn how to deal with tight dealines and find faster way to execute projects.
8. Be consistent
9. Learn from mistakes and admit your flaws, but work to get better
10. Sell yourself in the right package. Find people who can represent your interest in business deals.
Hire a lawyer to protect your interset.
Many thanks to our sponsor and team for making the event a success